Put a Monogram on It

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I've noticed lately something that I never realized I was missing. There are certain parts of home that I can feel I miss. I miss waking up to sun (though the sun was shining the brightest it has since I've been here today). I miss my pup snuggling up next to me during a movie marathon. I miss walking outside to the mailbox, and I miss hugging my mom when I'm stressed. One thing I didn't realize I would miss?

Monograms.



Monograms, at least to me, personify old Southern tradition. It's a representation of how much you love your family. It's like saying, "I'm proud to be a part of this family and I want to show that to everyone," whenever you wear yours. I keep finding myself flipping through the Marley Lilly website, or reblogging a million monograms on my Tumblr. I love how many different ways you can show your monogram and how many different styles there are! My personal favorite is the circle style.


Is monogramming something that transcends the South? I talked to a friend from Boston recently who said she thought monogrammed sunglasses were pointless and too much. Thoughts? I think monogrammed sunglasses are adorable! Unfortunately most monogramming companies only ship to the US, so I know I will be spending way too much money when I get back home!

And now, I'll leave you with a quote from the queen, herself.



2 comments :

  1. I'm obsessed with my monogram necklace :) All the southern blogs and youtubers are rubbing off on me!

    Alexa
    apstonee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from the midwest and I looove monograms :) My favorite monogramed item that I own is a weekender type bag from Lands' End and it actually has my mom's monogram on it which makes me feel a.) proud and b.) close to her since I'm so far away.

    ReplyDelete